Wednesday, May 25, 2005

So how does one start a blog then?

No idea. I am not really bothered by the whole technical setup stuff (that's what wizards and help pages are for) but deciding on how to set up my page and what to write might proof more difficult than anticipated.

There is for one "the theme". How do I decide?! Too newsy, too corporate, too goth, too girly. Nice - but will I still like it in a few weeks' time? So I went with the muted, timeless, slightly more classical look (even if the background does remind me of an old pub's wallpaper) but at least I won't get sick of it too soon - I hope.
Then there is "the name". Do I want to remain completely anonymous? Write under my own name? Or somewhere in between? What will I write about? Will it be stuff so personal that I couldn't possible disclose it to strangers or even worse could it be things that might offend or shock people who actually know me (all of this assuming someone will actually read my ramblings)? God, I really am my father's daughter - sensible even about possibly meaningless stuff...

Anyway, if you are someone who doesn't know me but is nonetheless reading this you might have figured out that I am quite indecisive. Useless at time, really. By the way that doesn't mean that I won't blame someone for making the wrong decision after I refused to make one at all. I see this as my prerogative.

Anyway, I have started my blog. No going back - I think. I guess I will use it as a kind of diary. Have stopped writing one due to the fact that I simply couldn't read my handwriting anymore. And I am faster on a keyboard than with any pen these days. Sad really...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...