Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Oh to be concise...

I wish I could write.

I know I can write. Pen & paper, keyboard... whatever.

I can even string letters together to form words and then words will form sentences. And then sentences will form a letter/memo/report. I'm sure you know what I mean. But for one reason or another I always end up rambling. I want to say something and the words just conspire against me saying something completely different from what is in my head.

And then I continue trying to set it straight, digging myself a hole so deep I couldn't possibly ever get out of it.

I once knew someone who knew words. He loved words and words loved him. They never conspired against him. If he wanted to say something nice you'd know it. If he wanted to hurt you you'd know it, too. The Thesaurus was his bible. Maybe it still is. Although we still speak every now and then he isn't really part of my life anymore. All a bit sad but that's just the way it goes. I'm sure he's happy and that's nothing less of what he deserves. I just wish I could have learned more from him.

And there I am rambling again.

I shall try harder, edit more and learn the words that are still missing.

And go back to writing my report from which I needed a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...