Sunday, February 26, 2012

Secondhand - sorry - Vintage Oscars

Ok, so I am not invited in the sense that I actually will be going there. Instead I shall make do with watching the red carpet on E! and catching up tomorrow with who has won which award. (A girl has to sleep at some point.) 

But if I was, what would I wear? There has been some very exciting speculation about who will wear what and I think Gemma of Catwalkqueen has got it spot on (at least I'm kind of hoping she has).

I know, the stars have dresses at their disposal that are, again, way ahead in the fashion stakes but let's say I had at my disposal the cast-offs from said stars strutting their stuff on the red carpet last year. I am feeling all girly and pastelly at the moment so my top three would be these:

Cate Blanchet in Givenchy
Funny that this dress received rather mixed reviews last year but it feels so right; all sugary pale pink with a floaty skirt and elaborate embellishment.




















Mila Kunis in Elie Saab
Lavender lace, dreamy chiffon, floaty layers - what's not to love?!




















Gwyneth Paltrow in Calvin Klein
Metallics are still going strong and this one is just at the right end of shimmer, not too blingy and such a classic, timeless shape.




















Right then: Cate, Mila, Gwyneth - fancy swapping some clothes..?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...