Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Confidence Booster Outfit

Do you have any go-to outfits for when you need to feel confident? My favourite outfit last the week was definitely my black stripy dress with that Zara jacket. The whole combo felt so easy to wear, fuss free and cool and looks like I hadn't tried to hard. Perfect for when you have to present!

In other news: It was only a matter of time until I would wear the same print twice in a week. I hadn't even realised until I posted my second pic on Instagram! Sigh.

"Mama, stand in a silly way!" Ok... I know I wore this recently but I had to speak in front of about 100 people yesterday and even though it was just for about 5 minutes, I was pretty nervous about it. I'm neither a practiced nor confident speaker, so my outfit had to be comfy, look cool but not like I tried too hard and have nothing too silly on it that could be remembered for the wrong reasons... 
Dress: Next 
Jacket: Zara 
Boots: Office
Necklace: Accessorize

"Mama, I want to be in the picture!" (Can I just say: this is is his "I just get in my sweats after taking off my school uniform" outfit. He doesn't dress like that for the whole day!) 
Mama's Shirt: Laredoute
Skirt: Boden 
Trainers: Converse 
Little M's outfit: Mango, Next, Matalan 

How to achieve such a spectacularly underwhelming picture: 
1. Drop food at taste session on floor in the massive atrium in front of EVERYONE in the building. 
2. Realise 2 hours later that half of the tomato sauce ended up on your dress and now doesn't budge. 
3. Think that for your ootd pic you can disguise the stain by showing off the bag you just switched into. 
4. Be ridiculously ungraceful posing with said bag and make dress appear to be only half of an outfit. (I can hear Julie say: "did you forget your pants?") 
5. Think "it's either that or nothing because I really can't be arsed trying for half an hour until I get a decent shot. 
 That (amongst other reasons) is why I'm not a professional blogger. 
Dress: Boden 
Trainers: Converse 
Bag: Mulberry

Do you have any items in your wardrobe that have the same print as others?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...